Category Archives: Fire Station

Fire Station New South Wales NSW Rural Fire Service

NSW RFS – Captains Flat Brigade (Lake George)

Captains Flat is a small town, located around 60km SE of Canberra. The town has a mining heritage which continues to this day, and a population of 610 in the 2016 census.

Captains Flat brigade was formed in the Yarrowlumla-Queanbeyan fire district in 1952. The local government area is now Queeanbeyan-Palerang following local government changes, and the brigade operates within the Lake George RFS Zone

In October 2019 the brigade’s new station was officially opened, replacing a smaller brick and tile station. The photos below taken in the month prior.

The brigade operate a Category 1 tanker and 2x Category 7 tankers

2019 Fire Station shortly before opening
Superseded Fire Station

The opening of our new brigade station today (26/10/2019)

Posted by Captains Flat Rural Fire Brigade on Saturday, October 26, 2019
Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 18 – Glebe

The current Glebe Fire Station was built in 1905 and opened in 1906. It initially opened with volunteer firefighters, with full time staff in 1911 following the Fire Brigades Act 1909 and new Board of Fire Commissioners. The station is on the State Heritage Register

In current times, the station is home to a Pumper and an Aerial appliance. A spare aerial appliance is normally housed at the station also.

Gallery Link

Appliances which have served here:

Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 16 – Concord


Concord Fire Station is located in Metro East 3 Zone and currently runs a single appliance. The station was opened in 1929 and is located on the corner of Concord and Wellbank Streets, sitting on the edge of the suburb and may technically be located in North Strathfield

Photo Gallery

Concord Fire Station
FRNSW 16 Concord Fire Station

Posts for appliances that have run from 16 Burwood:

    Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

    Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 15 – Burwood


    Burwood Fire Station is located in Metro East 3 Zone and currently runs a single appliance. Burwood is a Primary Rescue station and run a Rescue Pumper, pictured below.

    In the past they have run a separate Heavy Rescue appliance alongside a Pumper

    Photo Gallery

    Rescue Pump 15 Proudly sitting on the station apron
    Rescue Pump 15 Proudly sitting on the station apron

    Posts for appliances that have run from 15 Burwood:

      CFA Victoria Fire Station Victoria

      Beechworth CFA (Victoria)

      Courtesy of the brigade: Beechworth Fire Brigade was formed on the 20th October 1867 after a meeting at the Star Hotel in Ford Street Beechworth.

      The original brigade consisted of 10 paid members and 16 volunteers. Ten years later (in 1877) through lack of funds the Brigade disbanded. In 1886 because there were so many fires in the Beechworth area the insurance companies approached the council and offered to contribute towards the cost of equipment and running of a brigade. It was formed and called the Volunteer fire Brigade Board.

      In the Summer of 1939 the state was covered with fires resulting in the state government in 1944 passing an act to form the Country Fire Authority, this was done in 1946.

      Beechworth CFA Fire Station (1892)
      The Camp St station was built in 1892 and was in use until 2013 when they moved to Victoria Road

      Our original station in Camp Street was built in 1892 was still being used up to November in 2013. Today we are now in a state of the art facility in Victoria Road which will service the growing town of Beechworth for the next 100 years.

      
The Victoria Road station reaplced the original Camp St station built in 1892, from November 2013
      The Victoria Road station reaplced the original Camp St station built in 1892, from November 2013

      Beechworth Fire Brigade is in the North East of Victoria and part of District 24 which operates out of Wodonga around 40km from Beechworth. We have four vehicles to service the town which consist of 2 4WD Tankers an urban pumper and a Fire Equipment Service van. We also house the Indigo Field Command Vehicle at our station.
      Our volunteer members are trained in and attend both urban and rural incidents and fires all year round.

      Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

      Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 76 – Bondi

      Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 76 – Bondi.
      Zone – Metro East 1

      Bondi Fire Station is staffed by permanent firefighters, and is a Hazmat Station. They operate a a standard Pumper.

      This 1930 newspaper article, published on Tuesday March 4th described the opening of the station at the time

      BONDI FIRE STATION.The Fire Brigades Board has Just completed the erection of an up-to-date fire station to serve the districts of Bondi, North Bondi, and Rose Bay North. The site is at the corner of Old South Head-road and Gilgandra-street. The building is one of two stories, erected in brick work, with tuckpointed front, and covered with cement slates. On the ground floor there is an engine-room, watchroom, recreation room, and outoffices, also accommodation for five or six men. The officer in charge and his family will occupy the upper floor. The building has been fitted throughout with the most up-to date appliances.

      Photo Gallery

      FRNSW 76 Fire Station

      FRNSW 76 Fire Station
      Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

      Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 13 – Alexandria

      Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 13 – Alexandria.
      Zone – Metro East 1

      Alexandria Fire Station is staffed by permanent firefighters, and is a Hazmat Station. They operate a Hazmat Pumper and Heavy Hazmat appliance with specialist equipment, and crew with additional training.

      Photo Gallery

      FRNSW 13 Alexandria Fire Station
      Hazmat Pump 13 Alexandria
      Fire Station New South Wales NSW Rural Fire Service

      NSW RFS Cherrybrook Brigade (Hornsby/Ku-Ring-Gai)

      NSW Rural Fire Service
      Cherrybrook Brigade
      Hornsby Ku-ring-gai District
      Region East
      Website: http://cherrybrook.rfsa.org.au/

      Cherrybrook’s website provides a great amount of information on their history, just a snip of which is below.

      Cherrybrook Fire Brigade was officially formed on 29th July 1952, known as the ‘The Hornsby Shire Bush Volunteer Fire Brigade, West Pennant Hills and District’. The brigade changed to its current moniker in 1980. Their website has a very detailed and interesting history of the brigade, with excerpts below:

      The brigade had humble beginnings, it took until 1968 for the first firefighting appliance to arrive – an 80 gallon trailer tanker with petrol pump that was towed by a privately owned tractor. An old currugated iron shed was the brigade’s first fire station in 1971.

      In December 1981, the current station was opened by which time the brigade had a Bedford MFR tanker. Improvements to the station have continued over the years, including remoddelling of the front of the station to allow for larger vehicles (2006), installing air conditioning and a large rainwater tank(2010). Catering Brigade relocated in 2011 to their own building, allowing all 3 vehicles to park in their own bays. Further station renovations commenced in 2011, including meeting room and vehicle bay improvements.

      The Bedford tanker replaced the brigade’s first fire truck, a World War II Chevrolet Blitz Tanker. Following the Bedford, the brigade has operated a number of Isuzu models. Currently the fleet includes a 2008 Model Isuzu Cat 1 tanker, a Personnel Carrier, and a support vehicle carrying additional breathing apparatus and other equipment.

      The brigade published a book of its history: “50 Flamin’ Years” in 2003 following the 50th anniversary and have gone on to celebrate 60 years in 2013

      Since the below photos were taken, Cherrybrook have received new vehicles to replace their Cat 1 Tanker and Cat 17 salvage/support unit.

      More Photos

      Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

      Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 399 – Narrabri

      Narrabri Fire Station is staffed by retained firefighters, running an Isuzu Rescue Pumper (ME487), Isuzu Tanker (ME711) and a Hazmat Van.
      The station is in the Regional North 3 Zone

      Photo Gallery

      FRNSW 399 Narrabri Fire Station


      Fire Station MFB Melbourne Victoria

      MFB Melbourne – FS2 West Melbourne

      The current West Melbourne Fire Station in Batman Street opened in August 1964, replacing the 1919 station in William Street.

      The Station is located within Central District (based at FS1 Eastern Hill) and operates 2 Pumpers.

      At last check, pumpers assigned to FS 2 were:
      MFB Car 63, a Mark 5 Scania
      MFB Car 37, a Mark 5 Scania – seen in this post sporting a ‘Mo’ for movember: MFB Car 037 at FS2

      %d bloggers like this: