Tag Archives: Fire Station

CFA Victoria Fire Station Victoria

Beechworth CFA (Victoria)

Courtesy of the brigade: Beechworth Fire Brigade was formed on the 20th October 1867 after a meeting at the Star Hotel in Ford Street Beechworth.

The original brigade consisted of 10 paid members and 16 volunteers. Ten years later (in 1877) through lack of funds the Brigade disbanded. In 1886 because there were so many fires in the Beechworth area the insurance companies approached the council and offered to contribute towards the cost of equipment and running of a brigade. It was formed and called the Volunteer fire Brigade Board.

In the Summer of 1939 the state was covered with fires resulting in the state government in 1944 passing an act to form the Country Fire Authority, this was done in 1946.

Beechworth CFA Fire Station (1892)
The Camp St station was built in 1892 and was in use until 2013 when they moved to Victoria Road

Our original station in Camp Street was built in 1892 was still being used up to November in 2013. Today we are now in a state of the art facility in Victoria Road which will service the growing town of Beechworth for the next 100 years.


The Victoria Road station reaplced the original Camp St station built in 1892, from November 2013
The Victoria Road station reaplced the original Camp St station built in 1892, from November 2013

Beechworth Fire Brigade is in the North East of Victoria and part of District 24 which operates out of Wodonga around 40km from Beechworth. We have four vehicles to service the town which consist of 2 4WD Tankers an urban pumper and a Fire Equipment Service van. We also house the Indigo Field Command Vehicle at our station.
Our volunteer members are trained in and attend both urban and rural incidents and fires all year round.

Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 76 – Bondi

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 76 – Bondi.
Zone – Metro East 1

Bondi Fire Station is staffed by permanent firefighters, and is a Hazmat Station. They operate a a standard Pumper.

This 1930 newspaper article, published on Tuesday March 4th described the opening of the station at the time

BONDI FIRE STATION.The Fire Brigades Board has Just completed the erection of an up-to-date fire station to serve the districts of Bondi, North Bondi, and Rose Bay North. The site is at the corner of Old South Head-road and Gilgandra-street. The building is one of two stories, erected in brick work, with tuckpointed front, and covered with cement slates. On the ground floor there is an engine-room, watchroom, recreation room, and outoffices, also accommodation for five or six men. The officer in charge and his family will occupy the upper floor. The building has been fitted throughout with the most up-to date appliances.

Photo Gallery

FRNSW 76 Fire Station

FRNSW 76 Fire Station
Fire & Rescue NSW New South Wales

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 13 – Alexandria

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 13 – Alexandria.
Zone – Metro East 1

Alexandria Fire Station is staffed by permanent firefighters, and is a Hazmat Station. They operate a Hazmat Pumper and Heavy Hazmat appliance with specialist equipment, and crew with additional training.

Photo Gallery

FRNSW 13 Alexandria Fire Station
Hazmat Pump 13 Alexandria
Fire Station New South Wales NSW Rural Fire Service

NSW RFS Cherrybrook Brigade (Hornsby/Ku-Ring-Gai)

NSW Rural Fire Service
Cherrybrook Brigade
Hornsby Ku-ring-gai District
Region East
Website: http://cherrybrook.rfsa.org.au/

Cherrybrook’s website provides a great amount of information on their history, just a snip of which is below.

Cherrybrook Fire Brigade was officially formed on 29th July 1952, known as the ‘The Hornsby Shire Bush Volunteer Fire Brigade, West Pennant Hills and District’. The brigade changed to its current moniker in 1980. Their website has a very detailed and interesting history of the brigade, with excerpts below:

The brigade had humble beginnings, it took until 1968 for the first firefighting appliance to arrive – an 80 gallon trailer tanker with petrol pump that was towed by a privately owned tractor. An old currugated iron shed was the brigade’s first fire station in 1971.

In December 1981, the current station was opened by which time the brigade had a Bedford MFR tanker. Improvements to the station have continued over the years, including remoddelling of the front of the station to allow for larger vehicles (2006), installing air conditioning and a large rainwater tank(2010). Catering Brigade relocated in 2011 to their own building, allowing all 3 vehicles to park in their own bays. Further station renovations commenced in 2011, including meeting room and vehicle bay improvements.

The Bedford tanker replaced the brigade’s first fire truck, a World War II Chevrolet Blitz Tanker. Following the Bedford, the brigade has operated a number of Isuzu models. Currently the fleet includes a 2008 Model Isuzu Cat 1 tanker, a Personnel Carrier, and a support vehicle carrying additional breathing apparatus and other equipment.

The brigade published a book of its history: “50 Flamin’ Years” in 2003 following the 50th anniversary and have gone on to celebrate 60 years in 2013

Since the below photos were taken, Cherrybrook have received new vehicles to replace their Cat 1 Tanker and Cat 17 salvage/support unit.

More Photos

Fire & Rescue NSW Fire Station New South Wales

Fire & Rescue NSW. Station 399 – Narrabri

Narrabri Fire Station is staffed by retained firefighters, running an Isuzu Rescue Pumper (ME487), Isuzu Tanker (ME711) and a Hazmat Van.
The station is in the Regional North 3 Zone

Photo Gallery

FRNSW 399 Narrabri Fire Station


Fire Station MFB Melbourne Victoria

MFB Melbourne – FS2 West Melbourne

The current West Melbourne Fire Station in Batman Street opened in August 1964, replacing the 1919 station in William Street.

The Station is located within Central District (based at FS1 Eastern Hill) and operates 2 Pumpers.

At last check, pumpers assigned to FS 2 were:
MFB Car 63, a Mark 5 Scania
MFB Car 37, a Mark 5 Scania – seen in this post sporting a ‘Mo’ for movember: MFB Car 037 at FS2

Fire Station New South Wales NSW Rural Fire Service

NSW Rural Fire Service – Regentville Brigade (Cumberland Zone)

NSW Rural Fire Service
Regentville Brigade
Cumberland Zone (inc Fairfield, Penrith, Blacktown)
Region East

Regentville brigade was formed in 1951, and is located alongside the Cumberland Zone Fire Control Centre with District staff, communications and support functions. FRNSW Regentville Fire Station is also located next-door to the Cumberland Fire Control Centre.

The brigade is a Village 2 classified brigade and has a broad fleet including a Pumper, 2x Cat 1 Tankers, Boat and Personnel Carrier

Website: http://regentvillerfb.com/

More Photos

NSWRFS Regentville Fleet


WA Fire & Rescue Service – Murdoch Station (relocated O’Connor Station)

Service – Fire & Rescue Service WA
Crewing – 2 crews of Station Officer + 3 firefighters. 1 crew for the Pump and Light Tanker, second crew for SET
Opened – September 2005
Location – Murdoch was a brand new station, opened in 2005 to replace the former O’Connor station. The O’Connor station and yard has been incorporated into the O’Connor workshops.

Vehicles – O’Connor station ran a Medium Pumper and Light Tanker. With the move to the new Murdoch station, a new Specialised Equipment Tender was added to fleet.

Full Gallery
Murdoch FRS Fire StationMurdoch FRS Fire Station

July 2005

Murdoch FRS Fire StationMurdoch FRS Fire Station

July 2005


WAFB Cannington Station (former)

This former WA Fire Brigades station in Cannington is now a home, but its heritage is proudly displayed.

Full Gallery
Old Cannington Fire StationOld Cannington Fire Station. Now a home.Photo March 2009

Old Cannington Fire StationOld Cannington Fire Station. Now a home.Photo March 2009


WA Fire & Rescue Service – Kensington Station

Service – Fire & Rescue Service WA
Crewing – Standard outstation – 1 Station Officer & 3 Firefighters
Formed –
Location – George St, Kensington

Vehicles – Heavy Pumper (HP23), Light Tanker

Full Gallery
Kensington FRS Fire StationKensington FRS Fire StationApril 2004


%d bloggers like this: